Via Michael Goldstein: The Tennessee teacher prep report card is out.
Category Archive for 'Human Capital'
- Ask the Experts
- Charter School Finance
- Charter School Growth
- Civil Rights
- Common Core
- Education Politics
- Education Reform
- English Language Learners
- Human Capital
- NACSA News
- New Schools
- One Million Lives
- Performance Standards
- Postcard from the Statehouse
- Quality Authorizing
- School Choice
- Special Education
- Teacher Effectiveness
- Norwood starts charter school - Cincinnati.com
- Charter school dream turns to nightmare - Cincinnati.com
- State extends enrollment deadline for virtual charter school - WMTW Portland
- Finn Academy gets OK to open Elmira charter school - Elmira Star-Gazette
- Why hedge funds love charter schools - Washington Post (blog)
- Norwood starts charter school - Cincinnati.comNorwood starts charter schoolCincinnati.comNorwood hopes its new charter school will woo back the roughly 125 students who live in the Norwood school district but have chosen home schooling or other charter schools – including statewide online charter schools – instead of Norwood's schools.
- Charter school dream turns to nightmare - Cincinnati.comCharter school dream turns to nightmareCincinnati.comFor the first time, the state is cracking down on charter school sponsors – the nonprofit entities in charge of overseeing the schools. Sponsors are now on notice they are not to take on risky schools, a move that could lead to a wave of closures like VLT.
- State extends enrollment deadline for virtual charter school - WMTW PortlandBangor Daily NewsState extends enrollment deadline for virtual charter schoolWMTW PortlandAccording Warren, the department worked aggressively with the Legislature to advocate a bill that would promote a more equitable funding model for the virtual charter schools and said it supports public school choice because, “with more choices, there ...Maine's fi
- Finn Academy gets OK to open Elmira charter school - Elmira Star-GazetteFinn Academy gets OK to open Elmira charter schoolElmira Star-GazetteFinn Academy plans to open in August 2015. It will be the area's first charter school. Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that can be more creative in their educational approach in return for proof of academic progress. Finn Academy ...
- Why hedge funds love charter schools - Washington Post (blog)Washington Post (blog)Why hedge funds love charter schoolsWashington Post (blog)The tax credit may also explain why Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg partnered with the former mayor of Newark, New Jersey, to promote charter schools; donated a half a million dollars worth of stock to organizations that distribute charter school funding ...
- New Orleans Recovery School District set to convert entirely to charter schools - World Socialist Web SiteNew Orleans Recovery School District set to convert entirely to charter schoolsWorld Socialist Web SiteLast week, the New Orleans Recovery School District (RSD) announced it would shut down the five remaining traditional public schools that remained in its charge, transforming its jurisdiction into the first major city all charter school district in the ...N
- Bill seeks to include schools districts in new charter school approval process - WDDE 91.1 FM | Delaware's NPR News stationWDDE 91.1 FM | Delaware's NPR News stationBill seeks to include schools districts in new charter school approval processWDDE 91.1 FM | Delaware's NPR News stationThe state would have to include local school districts in the charter school approval process if lawmakers approve newly proposed legislation. A bill from Rep. John Kowalko (D-Newark South
- New charter school's goal: Keep kids from returning to jail - Chalkbeat IndianaWRTV IndianapolisNew charter school's goal: Keep kids from returning to jailChalkbeat IndianaThe charter school could eventually replace an education program at the center run by Indianapolis Public Schools. The school also could ultimately operate under the district's umbrella using a law passed earlier this year that allows special ...Pocono Moun
- Knox County Schools discuss budget reduction and charter school - WATE-TVKnox County Schools discuss budget reduction and charter schoolWATE-TVFour board members expressed their support of the charter school's application. Doug Harris, who sits on the EYF board, Thomas Deakins, Kim Severance, and Pam Trainor all expressed their plan to vote yes on Wednesday. But board chair Lynne Fugate ...and more »
- Pay at NC charter schools often below already-low public school salaries - The Progressive PulsePay at NC charter schools often below already-low public school salariesThe Progressive PulseOnly 55 of approximately 840 full-time charter school teachers listed make $50,000 a year or more, or 6.6 percent. More than one-third of the 7,229 full-time teachers on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools salary list made $50,000 or more in the past ...Schools tax vot
- Norwood starts charter school - Cincinnati.com